Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer - Option Care
The position(s) described here are for Option Care (previously known as Walgreens Infusion Service), a former subsidiary of Walgreen Co. (“Walgreens”). Option Care became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.
Responsible for moderately complex engineering activities associated with one or more technical areas with the telecom function (such as network design, engineering, implementation or operations and user support). Monitors overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tunes, accordingly. Performs root cause analysis and implements corrective measures. Works with others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs moderately complex tasks relating to telecom network operations, installation and maintenance for telecommunications service offerings through the application of business and technical skills (Cisco Systems – Unified Communications Server (UCS) and other Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems) as required.
- Provides technical support and maintenance for existing and new telecommunications services.
- Provides administration and support for telecom service requests received via service tickets and performs, installs, moves, adds, and changes (IMAC), handling moderately complex issues.
- Configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots telecommunications network components of a moderately complex nature to provide a secure, high performance network, including services for core LAN/WAN, VOIP(voice Over Internet Protocol), QOS (Quality of Service, COS (Class of Service, VLAN’s Virtual Local Area Network, SBC’s (Session Border Controller) and Sip[ (session Initiated Protocol).
- Coordinates reviews and performs repair services in emergency situations.
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert for the resolution of moderately complex telecommunications problems. Plans and implements changes to the system; troubleshoots problems in the network, analyzes costs and volume of traffic on the system and informs personnel of the capabilities of the system.
- Implements moderately complex telephony solutions and project plans through the use of applications, which may include Cisco Call Manager, Unity voice Mail, Cisco emergency Responder in a UCS environment. Works with users to analyze feasibility, costs, time and resources needed to add functionality to the platform.
- Interprets network alert and performance management tool output to properly engineer the capacity and resiliency of the UC (Unified communications portion of the VOIP network.
- Prepares documentation and conducts training and user orientation for clients detailing configuration of proposed and deployed solutions.
- Interfaces directly with vendor and other IT resources to work on support issues and drive them to resolution quickly and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Voice Communications Systems.
- Experience in configuration and provisioning of Cisco Call Manager, Unity, IOS Gateway and CUSP (Cisco Unified Sip Proxy – SIP PROXY), in a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) environment.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of telecommunication systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting information in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or Engineering.