United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Operating Room- Full/Part Time/PRN - Flexible! Days or evenings!
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Our multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center in New Lenox, IL is seeking an experienced OR RN to add to our team!
- Hours of operation are M-F, no weekends, call, or holidays!
- Open to full time, part time, or PRN availability!
- Day or afternoon/evening shifts available!
- Competitive pay/benefits
- 2+ years of experience in the Operating Room required
- Recent or current OR experience required
The OR Registered Nurse is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedures.
The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence.
Provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
Monitors patients’ vital signs
Conducts pre-and post-operative education
Serve as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
Monitors patients’ physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum
Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Graduate of accredited school or professional nursing.
- 2+ years experience in the Operating Room.
- Current Illinois RN License
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required
- Critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to the operating room.
- Clinically proficient in OR nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.