Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Senior QA Specialist is responsible for ensuring UL’s web sites, web applications, and other software applications meet the established standards of quality including: functionality, reliability, usability and performance. The QA Analyst’s plays an important role in UL's development process and works closely with the development, UX, and creative teams to ensure our digital applications meet the highest standards of quality through a well-planned and executed testing process. In addition to leading UL's quality assurance program, the QA Analyst assists the development team with technical and functional documentation.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Conduct quality assurance testing, including functional testing, cross-browser testing and cross-device testing.
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures and implement quality assurance standards.
- Work with developers to implement automated testing and continuous integration methods as appropriate.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Manage several QA testing and assurance plans on multiple projects.
- Identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Identify process improvements, including after-action reports on QA practices.
- Assist with technical specifications and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Assist with proofing content where needed.
- Assist the development and production teams in resolution of deficiencies.
- Stay up-to-date on news and trends for browsers and devices.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Set up and maintain a device lab for cross-device testing.
Minimum Knowledge Preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred, 3-5 years experience in Quality Assurance for software development websites in particular
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Additional Relevant Skills
- Knowledge of Drupal a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience in software development a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service orientation