The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR II
at The Geo Group
Facility: SW ILLINOIS CORRECTIONAL CENTER - IN PRISON
Compensation Base: 29,390.40-32,323.20
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position implements Therapeutic Community Treatment models for residents at an assigned facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and submits of all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials as requested.
- Maintains records and daily clinical charting as required internally or by the client.
- Implements substance abuse and life skills assessments and integrates results into resident client treatment plans.
- Participates in all training and supervision activities as provided for internally or by the client.
- Prepares schedules, reports or other information required for the program and requested by the management or the client.
- In conjunction with TASC and / or part as part of re-entry process, assesses client aftercare needs, issues and services.
- Provide counseling to residents’ family or significant others as requested by the management or correctional staff.
- Coordinates individual clinical care of assigned resdient caseload.
- Participate in treatment planning and conferences.
- Observes and supervises resident interactions.
- Provides individual and group therapy or counseling. Meets with assigned residents as necessary.
- Maintains and updates residents’ records and documents program in charts.
- Performs ASI assessments and any other required assessment instruments.
- Assist client’s staff in monitoring offender behavior and developing intervention plans regarding difficult offenders.
- Obtains a CADC or reciprocal credential within 2 years of employment.
- Works as a team member with entire treatment staff and ancillary personnel to promote consistent and coordinated efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification in Alcohol and Drug Counseling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or Human Services. Master’s degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer