Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trainee Territory Sales Manager-Chicago
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Move,Build, Grow your career!
Asthe premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros.helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment,trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and onlineselling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros.is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, andtransparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want youto join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from salesto operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global usedequipment market.
At Ritchie Bros., Territory Sales Managers support a large and diverse customer base. Our goal is to be the trusted advisor to our customers and offer end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used equipment, trucks and other assets to help them achieve their goals.
Joinus on our journey and move forward with us, build yoursuccess, and grow your career.
We're looking for a Trainee Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, Illinois.
In this position, as a Trainee Territory Sales Manager, you'll be placed into an intensive 6-month hands-on training program where you will work with and learn from one of our sales teams. This program is designed to educate you on our business, our customers and the skills and processes required to become a successful Territory Sales Manager. Upon completion of your training, you will then enter a Sales Practicum period of 1 to 3 months. Here you will be given the opportunity to put your training to practice while still supported by your sales coach and team. Upon completion of this structured training program you will then be qualified to be a Territory Sales Manager and have the opportunity to manage a multi-million-dollar territory.
- As a result of this Trainee program you will become competent in the following:
- Territory Management: Prospecting & Developing Business, Planning & Pipeline Management.
- Selling Skills: Call Preparation, Relationship Building, Building Rapport, Identifying Needs, Delivering Value & Gaining Commitment
- Procedures & Processes: Deal Management Auction Operations & Customer Service.
- Equipment & Sector Knowledge: Heavy Equipment Knowledge, Maximizing Equipment Values, Market Knowledge.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
- 1 to 5 years in a structured sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting & exceeding quotas.
- You have a strong learning ability, coupled with a desire to learn more about everything around you.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
- The ability to travel 1 to 2 days per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training.
- You will have to maintain a valid, clean driver's license.
- It helps if you have experience around heavy equipment.
- Strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening.
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- You're competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
- You will most likely be required to relocate. A requirement of the program is to relocate if a territory in the region in which you are trained is not available therefore being mobile is essential.
- You will be required to work outside for extended periods in all types of weather.
- You will be required to climb on top of and under large construction equipment.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the world, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we've proven this throughout our 60 years in business. And, we'll make sure we help you achieve your own goals along the way. We offer our Trainee Territory Sales Managers a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary throughout training.
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- (RRSP & employee share purchase plan, both with company matching.
- Ongoing sales training and professional development.
- A tuition reimbursement program.
- Unlimited potential and growth with a Global company.
To get an idea of what our auctionsare like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Establishedin 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global assetmanagement and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions forbuying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating ina multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture,energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channelsinclude: RitchieBros. Auctioneers, the world's largestindustrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weeklyauctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment conditioncertification; Marketplacee, an onlinemarketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipmentlisting service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privatelynegotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutionsincluding GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions,plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more informationabout the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
RitchieBros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in allactivities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to allqualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in whichthis job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Onlyelectronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.