Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Drainage Engineer
at Parsons Corporation
Parsons is hiring a Senior Drainage Engineer to add to our Stormwater Management (SWM) and Drainage team in Markham to lead drainage designs for road/highway/rail/transit projects in the Greater Toronto Region. You can work out of our Markham, Oakville, Niagara, Kitchener or London offices.
In this role you will act as the interface with internal design teams and take the lead on specific drainage aspects of the project with the client and our JV partners on both conventional and design/build projects. You will be a key member of our Road/Highway team in the GTA. Our projects include new urban highway design, highway rehabilitation, railroad grade separation, construction of new bypass lanes and auxiliary lanes, widening of lanes, and reconfiguration of local street interchanges.
We expect you to be able to perform (and direct other engineers) in the design of all drainage elements relating to road and highway projects, including hydrologic analysis, inlet design, storm sewer design, ditch and channel design, cross drain design, retention/detention basin design, water quality analysis, adequate outfall design and design of on and off site drainage facilities. As a leader, you must be able to demonstrate prior experience in the preparation plan documents and reports, such as of storm-water plans and permit applications for highway projects, drainage criteria documentation, drainage design reports, and hydrologic and hydraulic modeling.
• Functions as Senior Drainage Design Engineer on small, medium and large projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group.
• Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
• Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
• Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
• 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or a related field)
• 8+ years of related work experience in water resources engineering design (drainage design, hydrologic studies/evaluations).
• Professional Engineer ( PEng) registration with PEO is required.
• MTO or Municipal experience is preferred
• Ability to perform in a lead capacity (must be able to demonstrate leadership skills/abilities through prior work experience)
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.