Michael Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Michael Foods, inc.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
The forklift operator is responsible for moving and storing materials in proper storage areas by operating the appropriate equipment as needed
- Moving materials to proper storage areas, store in bins or other locations as appropriated for the materials involved.
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner. Be alert to ways to improve safety and discuss with supervisor.
- Reports any equipment problems.
- Records & reports, per instructions, any product and/or material damaged.
- Uses material handling lifts including "mules", fork lifts and dollies.
- Manually moves materials when such is the best way.
- Uses good physical lifting techniques to avoid personal injury.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe, productive work area.
- Performs other similar duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Fosters open communications and a good attitude toward work and fellow employees.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
One year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Certified Forklift Operator