Metropolitan Family Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker/Counselor I or II
at Metropolitan Family Services
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 93,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Social Worker/Counselor I or II to join our Adoption Support and Preservation Team serving Kankakee County!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes assessments and provides individual, family, and group therapy services.
- Provides specialized treatment services in the areas of attachment, grief, loss, and trauma.
- Assists the Adoption Support and Preservation team with groups and events for families with new adoptions.
- Evening hours are required
- Remotely based position. Will serve the county of Kankakee.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Performs comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
- Identifies and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Joins or develops groups and coalitions to address community needs.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
May be responsible for meeting contractual requirements such as 24-hour coverage.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- Complies with agency record-keeping expectations
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling or related degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) required, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) preferred.
- Must have strong clinical skills and knowledge of family systems, child and adolescents' mental health, and adoption issues.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Main office out of DuPage. Would need to travel to DuPage office 3-4 times per month depending on schedule.
- Requires mobility to work with a community-based caseload.
- This position requires travel and evening hours to provide home-based services to families.
- Must have access to a vehicle, proof of insurance and valid driver's license to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain assigned community and home-based services.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network