Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MB Manager, Materials
at MasterBrands Cabinets
- Supply Chain Group
The Materials Manager will develop a dynamic, end-to-end materials strategy for the facility which includes collaboration with many areas of the business to improve sourced material quality, develop supplier capabilities and deploy best practices.
- Lead all internal Materials management activities including ordering, delivery, storage, etc.
- Communicate with Operations on shortages, anticipated shortages, expediting status, etc.
- Provide vision, direction and focus to direct reports and actively support their development
- Develop and manage a materials strategy for the facility including risk mitigation strategies
- Key leader in the physical inventory process and inventory accuracy
- Assist the Sourcing & Logistics teams to provide the lowest total cost solution
- Communicate with Sourcing on issues relating to supplier performance: billing, receiving, and quality
- Meet new product introduction objectives (timing, quality, and system set up)
- Perform various materials-related projects, duties and analysis as assigned
- Responsible for Materials KPIs
- Manages Complexity; analyze situations using data from multiple sources to uncover root causes
- Decision Quality; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Strategic Mindset; prepares for the future and creates competitive and breakthrough strategies connected to the vision
- Plans and aligns; plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Develops talent; develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drive vision and purpose; paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Resilient; rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult circumstances
- Financial Acumen; understands key financial indicators and uses analysis to create strategic options
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field is required
- Software knowledge: Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- APICS certification is highly preferred
- 7 to 10 years of Supply Chain or Operations Management experience preferred
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes is required
About MasterBrand Cabinets
Imagine a short commute to a company driven by a higher purpose. Where people are as important as our products, and the quality of life fuels the quality of ideas. Our culture is built around giving everyone the opportunity to contribute both their ideas and hard work. You will have the opportunity to grow, learn, and make a difference in the company and your community, and be recognized and rewarded for it. We build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Join our family of prominent brands across North America where we take ideas, build solutions, and fulfill dreams of a comfortable, inviting home.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MasterBrand Cabinets.
You will be contacted for an interview if MasterBrand Cabinets believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing a background check and a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran status.
Opportunity. Purpose. Reward.