Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Governance Business Lead
at Hub International Limited
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
- The position of Data Governance Business Lead is a newly-created position within the Data Governance Program Office (DGPO). The DGPO is a full-time staff organization of Data Governance facilitators managing and performing the tasks required to obtain the information that enables the data stewards/data attributes owners to make informed and effective decisions. The DGPO will be the gatekeeper for best practices for data governance.
- The Data Governance Business Lead is responsible for spearheading the roll out of the Data Governance program for client data throughout HUB International. This position will work closely with central, regional, and country teams to define the process for creating and delivering data governance throughout HUB International key internal and external data systems.
- Be directly responsible for driving the process of defining, implementing and monitoring the data standards, data policies, and data processes that will contribute to high quality client data and ultimately, business growth & innovation.
- Work with data stewards, data attribute owners, and business process leaders to ensure data is entered, updated, stored, combined, shared and reported in an accurate manner and in accordance with the standards for HUB International.
- Work closely with the Data Governance IT Lead and Data Governance Change Management Lead to ensure the Program Office is driving governance in a coordinated manner.
- Effectively escalate and communicate critical client data issues to HUB’s Data Governance Steering Committee.
- Primary coordinator for information gathering, communication, and decision making between all of the organization tiers in the overall DGO.
- Promote data governance and build collective, shared vision for the need to have focused, consistent ongoing data quality initiatives.
- Develops and implements Data Governance metrics that monitor and measure the effectiveness of the DGO.Secondary Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all aspects of change management and training related to the rollout and ongoing management of the Data Governance program as it pursues the objectives of enabling high quality client data and ultimately, business growth & innovation.
- Develop, monitor, and execute the Change Management plan to deliver agreed-upon deliverables and ensuring that planned resources are aware and execute to their deliverables.
- Effectively escalate and communicate critical change management and training issues to the Data Governance Steering Committee.
- 10+ years of progressive experience integrating technical process and business outcomes (data and process analysis, data quality metrics/monitoring, developing policies/standards & supporting processes).
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate organizational change management related to business process and systems implementation.
- BS in Business, Information systems, Finance or related degree.Required Skills and Experience: Experience working on or with a data governance, data quality program, client data management program or large-scale data remediation program that focused on quality output of global master data.
- Strong familiarity with insurance brokerage management systems preferred coupled with knowledge of Master Data Management tools.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience and comfort communicating with all staff levels up to and including executive levels of management.
- Ability to understand client data and analysis and develop program recommendations from these insights.
- Global experience, or experience working outside of the United States.
- Strong cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Experience creating and delivering process and tool training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified in Managed Change™ or Prosci methodologies a plus.
- A background in process redesigns a plus.