Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Training Program
Weber Shandwick, one of the world's leading global public relations firms with offices in major media, business and government capitals around the world, is seeking an Associate Trainee to support the Singapore team.
At Weber Shandwick, we believe leadership for our clients begins with knowledge – developing it, sharing it and reinforcing it in everything we offer. To that end, we are committed to continually creating new professional development programs designed to facilitate best-in-class training and education.
The purpose of our Associate Training Program is to provide Associate Trainees the opportunity to gain experience with a leading public relations consultancy. Associate Trainees should be forward thinking, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment. They should also have strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills.
The Associate Trainee serves as a supporting role undertaking critical baseline account activities such as media list management, media monitoring, reporting, client administration, research and media pitching/relationship building. Associate Trainees will report to the practice lead and will also be assigned a mentor throughout the duration of the program.
Some things that the Associate Trainees can expect to learn/handle:
- Knowledge in developing successful social and digital media programs for various project work and campaigns
- Management and strategic counsel for market agency teams – only applicable for accounts with Regional scope
- Successful techniques and approaches for relationship building with media and influencers – both online and traditional
- Creation of traditional and multimedia press materials, such as press releases, media advisories, media pitches and creative assets such as storytelling info graphics, visual collateral, graphics and video content
- Event coordination of press events, product launches and media/influencer engagements as necessary
- Client management and team work skills with peers and superiors
- Understanding and skills to develop public relations campaigns and account management
- Critical understanding of the public relations landscape and global agency dynamics
Baseline activities the Associate Trainee will be responsible for include, but are not limited to:
- Content creation/writing of collateral
- Multimedia ideation/development
- Media monitoring/analysis with reporting
- Digital/Social media execution/community management
- Maintaining Media/influencer relationships
- Media pitching/news announcement distribution
- Limited client and market agency management
- Media list management
- Metrics/measurement analysis
- Administrative tasks to support practice teams
Local candidates strongly preferred.
Associate Trainees should be prepared to work normal business hours(9:00 a.m.
6:00 p.m.), Monday to Friday, with the understanding the position may require extra hours and/or during weekends or public holidays, dependent upon project requirements. In addition, the Associate Trainee programme offers an invaluable career-development experience that may lead to an employment opportunity with us.