General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Research Assistant
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
GDIT is seeking a Medical Research Assistant in support of the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Infectious Disease Field Surveillance and Laboratory Research Services. As the Navy hub for the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, the NHRC Operational Infectious Diseases Directorate conducts on-going, laboratory-based surveillance of US military populations in unique environments to quantify and study the etiology of infectious illnesses.
- Assist with maintaining an ongoing Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) program that meets accreditation standards (such as CAP- College of American Pathologists) and improves the safety and quality of the laboratory.
- Assist with maintaining Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) standards during performance of laboratory testing in accordance with GLP Regulations – 21 CFR Part 58 (FDA).
- Provide operational support, to include analytical evaluations and prospective clinical evaluations, for diagnostic evaluations, clinical studies, and/or clinical trials sponsored by Federal Agencies or private companies, subject to final GS or military approval.
- Support surveillance of operational infectious diseases that affect DoD personnel in coordination with federal agencies, local governments, research organizations, and universities at locations around the world.
- Support logistic and administrative tasks as needed to ensure that the department can successfully meet its mission, subject to final GS or military approval.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.