Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tool & Die Maker
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is looking for an experienced Tool and Die Maker for its facility in Urbana, IL.
Scope of the Position: will require the incumbent to fabricate and repairs metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinists hand tools.
- The Die Maker is responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of stamping dies, progressive stamping dies and other support equipment.
- Job tasks include, training of apprentices in a four year program with a progression of duties and responsibilities over time.
- Ability to read prints and use measuring tools
- Machining details using Manual Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Drill Presses, and Saws
- Basic knowledge of 2 and 3 Axis CNC mills
- Welding (TIG, MIG, & ARC), Basic knowledge of Heat Treating, Nitrogen Spring rebuilding
- Understanding of Die Set-ups on Presses (Tandem line and blanking)
- Ability to trouble-shoot and repair stamping dies and progressive stamping dies when break down occurs during production run.
- Occasional heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds) but most lifting is less than 10 pounds.
- May work in awkward positions with overhead reaching when assisting with repair work inside of presses
- Shift is 8 hours. May work overtime on Saturdays or Sundays. Two 10-minute breaks/shift and 20 minute meal break.
- Requires crane operator certification
- Requires Fork truck operation and certification
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- Must have 7+ years metal stamping experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing to work evening shifts
- Ability to use measuring devices accurately
- Understanding of algebra, trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to develop root cause analysis skills
- Must qualify for Tool & Die college level program
- Previous die washing experience
- Machine shop experience beneficial
- Must be self-directed
- Must be able to lift minimum of 60 pounds
- Able to communicate effectively with all associates
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.