Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibilities are to inspect, mark, tag, or note problems with parts in order to fulfill customer specifications and quality requirements. This is 2nd shift position (2:45 PM to 10:45 PM).
- Maintain a safe work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding environmental protection
- Read and interpret work and inspection instructions to ensure that parts meet quality standards
- Check products by sight, sound, or touch to locate imperfections such as cuts, scratches, missing pieces, flash or other defects defined in the work instructions and as directed by management
- Properly discard or reject parts not meeting specifications
- Record details for inspected parts such defects found or acceptance-rejection status on inspection forms
- Additional tasks, as needed, by the Quality Department for new launches and continuous improvement
- Others duties as assigned
- High school diploma preferred
- Must have demonstrated skill for strong attention to detail, effective planning abilities, and organizational skills and is self-directed
- Good attendance is critical. Must be willing and able to work any shift including overtime as needed
- Must be able and willing to travel to other facilities
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions
- Basic computer skills required
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience in quality inspection preferred
- Some experience using hand measurement tools and equipment
- Knowledge of IATF16949 and how it affects the plant preferred
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.