Cardis Furniture & Mattresses
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Warehouse Furniture Assembling Associate - Full Time - Swansea MA
at Cardis Furniture & Mattresses
Do you enjoy working in a fast pace environment while performing physical work? Cardi's Furniture & Mattresses is looking for an energetic, hard-working individual to work in their warehouse Assembling Department. This position is key to ensure Cardi's WOW customer satisfaction by ensuring furniture is assembled and prepped with the highest attention to quality and detail.
Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12am - 8:30am OVERNIGHTS
Primary purpose is to win each day by delivering extraordinary service and value to each customer, every day. A Warehouse Furniture Assembling Associate is responsible for producing favorable outcomes for all customers, fellow team members, the company and the communities we serve.
To assemble and prepare merchandise for delivery to customers’ homes in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, quality and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and assemble product in accurate zones in the warehouse; utilizes proper equipment and material-handling techniques to minimize product damage.
o Read truck delivery report.
o Look for special notations, such as “leave in factory packaging”, even exchanges, open goods, shop repairs and follow processing guidelines.
o Confirm merchandise was picked correctly, according to delivery paperwork. This is done by comparing the pick label which is attached to the box/package to the manufacturing label on the box/packaging and then, finally, to the delivery truck report.
o Unbox and unwrap product. Adhere to proper cutting techniques to ensure product is not damaged. Pull all staples and excess packaging.
o Examines merchandise for manufacturing defects and/or minor repairable damage, such as dents, nicks, crushed corners, missing finish, etc.
o Reports manufacturing defects to manager and requests replacements to be picked from existing inventory.
o Brings merchandise with minor concerns to appropriate person for repairs to be performed.
o Assembles merchandise for delivery, following all applicable manufacturer and company instructions. This entails putting drawer handles on, placing glass in curios and hutches, setting up beds, etc.
o Clean, dust, clean inside drawers and Windex all glass and mirrors.
o Place merchandise in appropriate cage as needed and assigned. Maintain the order of delivery stops as indicated on delivery report, i.e., first item on the line is going to be delivered last, etc.
o Double checks that all product on the delivery print out is in the cage, assembled and prepped to go out.
o Remove and dispose of packing material in accordance with company’s procedures. Bring all cardboard and foam to designated recycling area in the warehouse.
- Assists in TV production by building props.
- Reports promptly errors found to management and assists in resolving the errors
- Provides feedback to management for possible improvements.
- Assists with training and development of other associates, including on-the-job training for new associates.
- Participates in training sessions, which will improve and reinforce own knowledge and skills.
- Attend Department / company meetings as required.
- Maintains a safe working environment by keeping racks, aisles and work areas organized and clean and conducts walk around safety checks.
- Adheres to company safety policy by conducting operations in a manner that promotes safety, such as using personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times required, operating cardboard and garbage compactor in a safe manner, un-boxing using a utility knife in a safe manner, adhering to safe lifting techniques, and following proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors.
- Operates manual and mechanical equipment, such as dollies and/or hand trucks, in a safe and efficient manner to move or hoist product to proper area/location.
- Reports promptly any machinery concerns to management.
- Provides total customer satisfaction through interaction, cooperation and working with associates and managers in all departments. This includes translating with non-English speaking customers if able.
- Complies with all applicable company health, safety and quality standards, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Reports to management potential safety issues, hazards or violations.
- Assists in maintaining security by reporting suspicious activity to management.
- Perform other functions as needed and required.
- Embraces change by supporting and championing organizational change initiatives.
- Models company image and culture through positive attitude, spirit of cooperation, appearance and respect for company policies and procedures on every aspect of role functions.
This position has no management / supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills. Good problem solving skills. Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/ match orders to delivery reports and picking labels. Basic math skills and reasoning skills. Basic proficiency in computer operating systems. Certification of power-truck equipment. Ability to understand and execute instructions. General understanding of the warehouse and footprint. Basic carpentry skills.
• Job Knowledge
• Work Quality / Work Quantity
• Customer Focus
• Initiative / Decision Making / Judgement
• Communication / Active Listening
• Accountability / Integrity
• Interpersonal Skills / Team Oriented / Collaboration
• Emotional Stability / Adaptability
• Emotional Intelligence
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in a warehouse environment, with some outdoor exposure during workday. It is a very active job and while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the associate:
• Continuously stands, walks, bends, stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs, grips, lifts, pulls, pushes and reaches above shoulder level throughout work shift,
• Uses regularly hands to finger, handle or feel or use power tools; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
• Lifts/moves objects up to 110 pounds, unassisted, and lifts/moves objects up to 150 pounds, assisted.
• Withstands temperatures in a typical warehouse environment,
• Uses specific vision abilities such as close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Uses and operates standard warehouse equipment/machinery such as hand trucks, box cutters.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
Prior related experience and or training preferred but not required.