Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President - Chief Accounting Officer
Job Reference #: 237841
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
The Chief Accounting Officer, Corporate Controller is responsible for leading the Company's accounting operations, financial reporting, and control processes globally and ensuring the highest level of integrity and accuracy. In addition to Controller responsibilities, this role oversees the Corporate Shared Services Center (CSSC) located in Albuquerque, NM, as well as operations in London, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
- Report the financial results of the Company in accordance with SEC rules, GAAP, statutory requirements and internal accounting policies.
- Oversee large, complex and highly customized accounting and control systems and processes to ensure accurate management reporting.
- Oversee CSSC team of approximately 400 employees located in Albuquerque, NM to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of share services.
- Oversee international shared service organizations based in London, Shanghai and Tokyo.
- Anticipate internal and external reporting changes and business requirements to ensure our processes, organization and financial systems appropriately evolve to support the business and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership and Audit & Finance Committee members regarding financial reporting and control matters.
- Proactively serve as an advisor/partner to management and CFO.
- As a member of the Disclosure Committee, ensure all external communications accurately reflect our business results, meet our standard of transparency, and meet all SEC requirements.
- Provide periodic training to the Audit & Finance Committee to increase their understanding of our accounting policies, financial results and management judgments.
- Engage with external auditor on emerging trends in accounting rules and judgmental accounting/reporting. Partner with Chief Auditor on assessment and mitigation of risk.
- Guide the professional development of the CCG and CSSC organizations
- Be a recognized leader within the broader accounting community. Bring best practices to bear at the company and be continuously connected to a broad peer group outside of the company.
- 15 years of progressive experience in the accounting and finance fields. Technically strong in accounting and external reporting.
- Excellent reputation for professional integrity, seasoned business judgment, and objectivity.
- Capable of providing a global/multi-national perspective on issues of control, reporting and compliance.
- Exceptional ability to make unbiased judgments in accounting and reporting issues that are guided by consistent principles and the standard of transparency.
- Strong results orientation and bias to action.
- Influential leader with the ability to inspire trust and confidence and command the respect of the peer group and executives throughout the Company.
- Proven team leader, collaborative decision-making and work style.
- Excels at understanding what it takes to implement sustainable operating improvements in large scale, global environments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; effective and credible presenter to executive management and the A&F Committee of the board of the directors.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.