Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TA, Transactional Accounting
at Alzheimer's Association
This position is responsible for various Accounts Payable tasks and other projects assigned by the Associate Director of Transactional Accounting. Some of the main responsibilities include: enter, batch and review accounts payable invoices into MAS 500 Accounting System and maintain corresponding files, process parking voucher requests and other cash transactions as needed, provide back up support for recurring voucher set up as needed as well as providing back up support for team members during peak processing times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and maintain vendor records in MAS 500 and Team Tracker
- Print and prepare invoices for weekly disbursements
- Enter assigned account payable invoices into MAS 500, batch audit and review. Assist with mailing checks weekly
- Enter PO invoices into MAS 500 Accounting System, batch audit and review. Assist with mailing checks weekly.
- Enter paid wire and ach batches into MAS 500 Accounting System, batch audit and review daily and/or weekly at minimum
- Maintain department files and records for all disbursements paid by the Association weekly
- Collect funds for parking vouchers and other cash transactions as needed
- Participate in MAS 500 testing and other system testing related to new technology
- Maintain professional attitude during organizational and departmental changes in a very dynamic work environment.
- Learn and embrace all new challenges with an open mind
- Other AP duties as assigned
- Provide continuous feedback and ideas for improving current processes
- Be mission driven in all work activities
- High school diploma, Associate degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years accounts payable experience
- Experience in Microsoft Windows environment with working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience in Google Business environment with working knowledge of Google Sheets, Docs and Gmail
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers via phone and email
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously accurately and meet daily deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast past environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints in a professional manner
- Good Math skills
- Ability to prioritize own work
- Availability to support and back up to organization and team during peak periods
- Ability to take independent action while keeping supervisor informed