Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We’re the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the estimated 5.5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease, their families and caregivers.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, we are the brains behind saving yours®. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer’s, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer’s research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for board committees and advisory councils, special event and program activities undertaken by the Executive Director.
This is a part-time position working 24 hours a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports Executive Director in board, committee and council related matters
- Interacts with Board Members, Key Donors, Key Volunteers and Home Office Staff
- Responsible for the timely mailing of meeting reminders, meeting notes, and compilation of meeting materials
- Maintains current rosters and databases for the board, committees and councils
- Coordinates input from a variety of resources for the compilation of the Board Resources Manual and its revisions. Generates correspondence as requested by the Executive Director
- Maintains all policies and procedures manuals pertinent to governance, administrative and national business
- Assists Executive Director with daily calendar by scheduling meetings, appointments, etc.
- Assists Executive Director with filing involving sorting, categorizing and developing a readily accessible system
- Assists Development as needed on various fundraising events/requests
- Provides administrative support agency wide, on a as needed basis
- Assists with the response/direction of incoming calls and meeting and greeting visitors
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Power Point and Excel and Google apps specifically Google Sites, Docs, Drive and Calendar.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze information to anticipate situations requiring forethought and follow-up with executive and multiple stakeholders; make timely and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team. Flexibility and adaptability are essential.
- Ability to work independently and succeed in a fast-paced organization within a collaborative teamwork environment.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technology systems.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed to perform job duties.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to dependable automobile
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!