Alliant Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alliant Credit Union
- Job Location
- United States-IL-Rolling Meadows
- Work Status
- FLSA Status
- Requisition ID
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will compile, analyze, and reconcile multiple accounts within the general ledger in accordance with general accepted accounting principles and practices. Work involves collaborating with internal customers to address and resolve reconciliation matters and to provide expertise and detailed support on assigned projects. The incumbent is responsible for identifying accounting efficiencies, implementing process changes, and in knowing the responsibilities of other team members to provide backup support, as needed. Resources to do the job require extensive accounting experience, an understanding of the Credit Union’s processes and procedures, a strong understanding of the Credit Union’s products, the ability to analyze and clearly explain financial information, and the ability to problem-solve and identify process improvement opportunities.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Ability to analyze data sets and be able to identify any anomalies, research any issues, and drive resolution
- Liaise with business partners to understand company products, and help our partners make informed business decisions
- Support month end process by ensuring timely completion of assigned responsibilities and clearing of open items
- Work collaboratively with various business partners, including third-party vendors, to resolve outstanding issues
- Support AFR team and Finance Group in execution of responsibilities through proactive response to requests and completion of required activities for month-end close, and verification of investment transactions in accordance with policy
- Support audit activities of the regulators, internal and external auditors by effectively responding to questions and providing necessary documentation
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and a minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience required, and you have:
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, required
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills, and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of GAAP required
- Audit and/or Financial Reporting experience a plus
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and present workable solutions in a simple, meaningful, and focused manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor, ability to work independently and also collaborate in a group setting
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?