Alliant Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Support Specialist
at Alliant Credit Union
- Job Location
- United States-IL-Rolling Meadows
- Work Status
- Consumer Loan Servicing and Collections
- FLSA Status
- Requisition ID
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for creating a first class onboarding experience for new members who recently obtained a vehicle loan through the Credit Union. Work involves making outbound calls to members to ensure they understand who Alliant is and to confirm general loan details such as when their payment is due, the amount and channels available to make a payment. The incumbent will also assist members with accessing and navigating Alliant’s online banking platform, establishing recurring monthly payments for loan obligations, educating members on vehicle insurance and title requirements, updating member contact information and addressing any questions the member may have.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Serve as a de-escalation point for member issues and take ownership for their timely resolution
- Interact both verbally and in writing with multiple internal and external partners to resolve member issues, improve processes and create a favorable lending experience
- Manage components of the vehicle titling and force-placed insurance processes including working with members to perfect vehicle title lien and curing member vehicle insurance deficiencies
- Achieve operational service level agreements including individual and departmental productivity targets
- Identify continuous operational improvement opportunities and service efficiency initiatives; recommend solutions, and participate in the implementation of agreed upon changes
- Raise expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry knowledge and technical skills
- Participate in new and innovative projects to improve efficient consumer servicing processes
- Comprehensive understanding of Alliant products and services providing knowledge, support and guidance to members
- Build rapport with members
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a minimum 2 years professional experience preferably working in a financial institution, and you have:
- Must be detail oriented, results and improvement driven, and quality-focused, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Must have time management & research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach to enhance intra-departmental processes
- Comfortable working in a restrictive environment requiring extended periods of time at a fixed work position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?